These license terms (“Terms”) cover all the solutions, software-based services and web applications of WithSecure Corporation and/or any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with WithSecure Corporation (together “WithSecure”) licensed or made available to you and to the organization that you represent (together “you”), including support tools, web portals, firmware, hardware, and services directly supporting your use thereof, related documentation and any updates and upgrades to any of the above (together the "Solution"). If you have a direct agreement with WithSecure on the provision of the Solution, the terms and conditions of said agreement prevail over these Terms. In case there are discrepancies between the different language versions of these Terms, the English language version shall prevail.
IMPORTANT – Before installing or using the Solution, carefully read these Terms. By opting to accept, or by installing, copying, or using the Solution, you accept and adhere to these Terms on behalf of your organization and you agree that you have read these Terms, understand them, and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to all of the Terms, do not install, copy, or use the Solution.
Subject to these Terms and the payment of applicable license and subscription fees, WithSecure grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable right to use the specified Solution, for a specified time period, as separately agreed upon between you and WithSecure or its resellers or distributors. WithSecure and its licensors reserve any and all rights not expressly granted to you.
Additionally, upon your request and WithSecure’s approval, WithSecure may grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to evaluate the Solution for non-commercial purposes. You must purchase a license / subscription to the Solution to continue to use the Solution commercially after the evaluation period ends.
- install and use the Solution only on as many units or devices as to which you have licensed the Solution.
- create copies of the Solution for installation and backup purposes only; and
- extend the number of licenses by purchasing more licenses.
You are not allowed to:
- access, use, copy, exploit, disclose or distribute the Solution except as expressly set out in these Terms;
- demonstrate, sell, offer to sell, distribute or transfer the Solution or any portion thereof to any third party;
- create derivative works based on the Solution or any part thereof;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive, obtain or modify the source code of the Solution or any portion thereof;
- sublicense any of the rights granted to you in these Terms.
- use the Solution or any portion thereof to implement any product or service to operate on or in connection with the Solution for any other purpose than for which the Solution is provided;
- in any event use the Solution for the following purposes: (i) harvesting or distributing any private information, copyrighted content, or trade secrets that you do not have rights to harvest or distribute; (ii) distributing content that is unlawful, libellous, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, or that contains content or code with destructive features; (iii) accessing or distributing child pornography or bestiality; (iv) spamming; (v) malware, botnets, phishing, denial-of-service attacks, illegal hacking, unauthorized port scanning, or unauthorized access; (vi) impersonating another person; (vii) violating other persons' legal rights; (viii) violating applicable laws; (ix) other invasive or fraudulent purposes, or uses that may interfere with the operation of the Solution or other users' ability to use the Solution; or (x) managing any content that is against the permissible content guidelines maintained by third parties from whom you have acquired the Solution.
You may permit a third party to administer Solution and/or use Solution to perform security services for your business only if such third-party use or administration is for your sole benefit and on your behalf, and you are legally responsible and liable for such third party’s use of the Solution. No other access to, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of the Solution by third parties is permitted. You agree to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that no unauthorized parties have access to or use the Solution and that no unauthorized copy, disclosure or distribution of the Solution, in whole or in part, in any form is made by you or any third party. You agree to notify WithSecure promptly of any unauthorized access to, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of the Solution.
WithSecure and its licensors retain all right, title, and interest in the Solutions as well as any tools provided by WithSecure. Except as expressly set forth in section 2 (‘License’), nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring on you any express or implied license, option to license, or other right to any confidential information, technology, software or intellectual property rights embodied in the Solutions. You acknowledge that WithSecure may freely use any suggestions, comments or other feedback about the Solutions.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITHSECURE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SOLUTION. THE SOLUTION IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. WITHSECURE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE RESULTS OR THAT THE SOLUTION WILL FIND ALL SECURITY VULNERABILITIES OR DETECT ALL MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL SOFTWARE. WITHSECURE ALSO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WHERE THE SOLUTION INTERACTS WITH THE SERVICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES AND/OR WHERE ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION SYSTEMS OR COMPONENTS ARE USED, ANY WARRANTIES OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY WITHSECURE ARE ONLY PROVIDED FOR THE SOLUTION AND NOT TO ANY ADJOINING SERVICES OR COMPONENTS. THE SOLUTIONS ARE NOT WARRANTED BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. TO THE EXTENT DATA IS TRANSMITTED OUT OF THE SYSTEM OF A THIRD PARTY TO SOLUTION, THE THIRD PARTY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY, SECURITY, OR INTEGRITY OF THAT DATA.
No oral or written information or instructions given by WithSecure, its resellers, distributors, agents, or employees shall create a warranty and you may not rely on any such information or instructions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TORT OR CONTRACT, SHALL WITHSECURE, ITS EMPLOYEES, ITS LICENSORS, ITS RESELLERS, ITS DISTRIBUTORS OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, FILES OR DEVICES, APPLICATION FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, NETWORK IMPAIRMENT, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOLUTION, EVEN IF WITHSECURE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHSECURE’S, ITS LICENSORS’, ITS RESELLERS’ AND ITS DISTRIBUTORS’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ACTUAL DAMAGES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOLUTION FOR A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT CAUSING THE LIABILITY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you or may apply to you only in part. WithSecure is acting also on behalf of its employees, resellers, distributors, licensors, suppliers and affiliates to disclaim, exclude and restrict obligations, warranties, and liability as provided in these Terms, but in no other respects and for no other purpose.
You are solely responsible and assume the entire risk and liability for your use of Solution and your actions based on the results provided by the Solution.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set out in these Terms, you shall defend, indemnify and hold WithSecure, its subsidiaries, and their employees harmless from damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by WithSecure, its subsidiaries, or their employees in relation to claims and actions arising out of or relating to your use of the Solution and/or the services you provide to third parties through your use of the Solution.
Privacy and data collection
Data collection. You acknowledge that WithSecure needs to collect and process certain data relating to your devices and/or network for WithSecure to provide you the Solution. Since the data collected and how it is used varies per type and version of the Solution, more detailed information on personal data processing can be found in the relevant WithSecure privacy policies. Such policies are available via the Solution user interface and/or on the WithSecure website. The following summarizes what kind of data the Solution typically collects and for what purpose.
Technical and security data. For WithSecure to secure your device and/or network, most Solutions must collect and process data on your device, network and your use of the Solution. This data typically consists of object security data, analysis results, statistics, file metadata, Solution usage metrics, and other similar data. WithSecure’s design principle is to seek to limit WithSecure’s capability to link this type of data to you personally.
Personal data. WithSecure also collects and processes data in a manner that is personally identifiable to you, your employees, customers and other partners. Such data typically consists of i) data that you actively send to WIthSecure (for example contact and registration information, information to solve a support issue) and ii) data automatically collected by the Solution or triggered by your use of particular features (for example license allocation, device, and software information, user account activity, geographic location of your device, operation system, etc.), and iii) limited data sets from the above ‘Technical and security data' (for example the name of blocked malware).
“Confidential Information” shall mean any confidential information disclosed by WithSecure or you to the other party in connection with the Solution that the disclosing party characterizes as confidential at the time of its disclosure either in writing or orally, or that, given the nature of the information or the circumstances surrounding its disclosure, reasonably should be considered as confidential, except for information which the receiving party can demonstrate: (a) is previously rightfully known to the receiving party without restriction on disclosure; (b) is or becomes, from no act or failure to act on the receiving party’s part, generally known in the relevant industry or public domain; (c) is disclosed to the receiving party by a third party and without restriction on disclosure; (d) is independently developed by the receiving party without access to the Confidential Information, or (e) must be disclosed to any government authority or court of law as a result of a court order. If either party is required to disclose confidential information pursuant to law, it shall notify the other party of the required disclosure. Each party shall disclose or use Confidential Information only as is necessary for the purpose for which it was disclosed and in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and to take all reasonable measures to avoid unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information, no less stringent than the measures it takes to protect its own confidential information. In case of discovery of unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information, the receiving party shall notify the disclosing party immediately and use all reasonable efforts to prevent any further unauthorized disclosure or use thereof.
WithSecure is constantly improving its services. WithSecure reserves the right to upgrade and make changes to the Solution and modify features or functionality of the Solution from time to time. Such changes may include, but are not limited to, adding new features or removing existing features. Where such an upgrade or change is not automated but provided to you as a voluntary option, you should use the latest version of the Solution for optimized security and usability. WithSecure further reserves the right to end the maintenance and support for certain versions of the Solution (including versions designed to be used in certain operation systems) in accordance with WithSecure’s product lifecycle policies, which may lead to the Solution becoming inoperable. Use of the Solution, for which the maintenance is discontinued, is not recommended and such use is entirely at your own responsibility. The product lifecycle policies and more information on product lifecycles are available on WithSecure’s website. As the Solution is likely to evolve during your subscription, WithSecure may need to revise these Terms from time to time. WithSecure shall publish the revised Terms on WithSecure’s website and/or at another interaction point where it has previously been made available. Once published, the revised Terms shall automatically cover all Solutions and installations of your subscription (does not overrule app stores' terms). In case there are material changes to the Terms, WithSecure may also notify you by other means and in this case, the revised Terms shall become effective within thirty (30) days from the communication. You accept the revised Terms by continuing to use the Solution. If any part of these Terms is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the rest of the Terms, which shall remain valid and enforceable.
The Solution is subject to specific limitations such as purpose of use and certain technical requirements, including but not limited to operating system, storage space, geographical location, and network connectivity, as informed by WithSecure or its reseller or distributor from time to time. You hereby acknowledge and confirm that you have checked the Solution’s suitability for your own requirements before using the Solution.
To the extent any component of the Solution is made available to you under an open-source license, list of applicable open-source licenses is available in the product user interface and the provisions of that license may expressly override some of these Terms.
You are informed and hereby accept that all or part of the Solution may be temporarily unavailable or non-operational for repairs, upgrades, maintenance, or for reasons beyond WithSecure's reasonable control (force majeure). WithSecure, its licensors, its resellers or its distributors shall not be held liable for the consequences of such interruptions and shall undertake to restore the availability and operation of the Solution as rapidly as reasonably possible, depending on the technical constraints encountered.
For the Solution to function as intended, you authorize WithSecure, on your behalf, to copy suspicious files containing executable code from your device or from your third-party service accounts linked to the Solution to WithSecure backend systems so that WithSecure can more effectively analyze them for malicious activity.
Without prejudice to any other rights of termination or expiration in these Terms or under contract or law, WithSecure may terminate your license to the Solution immediately without notice if you are in breach of any of these Terms or use the Solution’s functions for purposes other than those indicated in the official documentation. Where WithSecure observes that you are using the Solution i) in breach of these Terms, ii) other applicable terms or iii) its intended purpose or iv) in a manner that could jeopardize its use by a third party (for example by monopolizing the access bandwidth) or to cause harm to a third party; WithSecure reserves the right (i) to not renew your license, (ii) to limit your use of the Solution or part thereof, and (iii) to terminate the license. In the event that the agreement between WithSecure and WithSecure's reseller or distributor providing you with the Solution is terminated, WithSecure or its reseller or distributor may notify you of premature termination of your license. You shall not be entitled to a refund, damages, or other compensation from WithSecure as a result of such termination. All restrictions of use shall survive termination.
In the event of termination of your license / subscription, and irrespective of the reason hereto, you shall immediately i) discontinue all use of Solution, and ii) delete any such copies of Solution, that may be installed on your own IT environment.
You acknowledge and agree that the Solution may be subject to restrictions and controls imposed by applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to export regulations of the European Union and the United States (collectively "Export Rules"). You agree and certify that neither the Solution nor any direct product thereof is being or will be acquired, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, into any country for which such export is prohibited under the Export Rules and the regulations thereunder, nor will it be used for any purpose prohibited by the same. By using the Solution, you acknowledge and agree to the abovementioned, and you represent and warrant that you will comply with the Export Rules when either exporting or re-exporting or importing the Solution or any underlying information technology.
Governing law and dispute resolution
Unless otherwise stated below, these Terms shall be governed under the laws of Finland. With the sole exception of any application for injunctive relief, any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach, termination or validity thereof that cannot be solved amicably or through mediation, shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Finland Chamber of Commerce. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat of arbitration shall be Helsinki, Finland. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
In case the licenses are purchased within or on behalf of licensees residing within the United States or operating under the laws of the United States, the governing law of these Terms shall be the laws of the State of New York. In such case, with the sole exception of any application for injunctive relief, any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms that cannot be solved amicably or through mediation, shall be finally settled by one arbitrator in accordance with the JAMS Rules. The place of arbitration is New York, USA.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please visit the support section at https://www.withsecure.com/en/support or contact your WithSecure partner directly.
THE FOLLOWING LEGAL TERMS ("TERMS") GOVERN YOUR RIGHT TO USE AND ACCESS TO WITHSECURE COMMUNITY ("COMMUNITY") PROVIDED BY WITHSECURE CORPORATION ("WITHSECURE", "WE", "OUR") . BY REGISTERING FOR A COMMUNITY ACCOUNT AND/OR BY USING OR VISITING THE COMMUNITY YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THEM AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM. YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO USE COMMUNITY AGAINST THESE TERMS OR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ELSEWHERE IN THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, OR IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF TWELVE (12), YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ACCESS, VISIT OR PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY.
Description and purpose
WithSecure provides these Community forums as a service to its users and customers, to help them exchange ideas, tips, information, and techniques related to overall security related issues and to our services. These forums are here for the enjoyment and benefit of all members and accessible to all who register. Like any community, they are most valuable when everyone obeys certain basic guidelines and rules for online behavior.
Posting and prohibited content
Use of the Community is at your own risk. Do not post any information, especially personal information such as addresses and phone numbers, that you do not wish to make public. Any information that you post to public boards can be obtained and used by others. You are responsible for any personal information you disclose to the Community. WithSecure or Lithium Technologies Inc. ("Platform Provider") is not responsible for third parties' use of information posted to the open community.
Users of the Community agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that includes any of the following inappropriate content:
- Content that is: unlawful, libelous, harmful, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin or gender;
- Any private or personal information or content that is not your own or that you do not have rights to transmit, such as:
- address, phone number, personal email address, social security number
- copyrighted content, trade secrets or securities
- Off-topic content not relevant to community purpose;
- Spam, such as advertising, promotion or solicitation, including chain letters, class action lawsuits, charitable appeals;
- Content or links to content that contains contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer;
- Duplicate or excessively repeated submissions in one or more areas;
- Content designed to evade profanity or other filters;
- Hyperlinks to sites that violate the terms;
- Content used to impersonate another person;
- Content or behavior that violates any applicable laws;
- Content or behavior that interferes with the operation of the site or with another member's ability to use the site;
- Evading site controls such as bans, or otherwise disregarding the directions of the site moderators or administrators
- Content that infringes copyrights or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
WithSecure may remove any information, in its sole discretion, including but not limited to personal data or data, material or content provided by any of the users, considered to violate the Terms or be inappropriate for the Community for any reason. WithSecure shall under this agreement have no obligation to monitor any of the material provided by you to WithSecure and/or to the Community, but may do so at its discretion. WithSecure also retains the right to immediately revoke any and all of Your access rights in case Your breach of any of these Terms or suspected misuse of the Community.
To report violations, please contact the WithSecure community moderator and include the message board name and the link of the post in question: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback and ideas
Any bulletin messages, suggestions, ideas, bulletin board postings or concepts ("material") that are submitted to WithSecure via Community website shall become, and remain the property of WithSecure. Furthermore, WithSecure is not responsible for the confidentiality of any material communicated to Community. By communicating material to the Community, you agree that WithSecure has the right to use and publish the material in products or publications for any purpose, including, but not limited to, product and/or service development, advertising and promotional purposes. You agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit.
We collect your personal data only when registering to the community service. The data includes typically your name and email address. You can enter more information to the system but this is not mandatory. Registration is required when you wish to post to the community and is used for operating the community, in particular maintaining the messaging structure.
We process your data so that we can provide you with the community services and continuously improve on the content and usability of the service. Our legal ground for this is “contract performance” so we can manage the community.
It is necessary for us to have the data requested for us to be able to create your individual account to WithSecure Community. The identification of data is needed to highlight active contributors to WithSecure community.
The data is not disclosed to external entities beyond the 3rd party platform provider and WithSecure Polish and Malaysian subsidiaries, which both process data only on WithSecure Corporation’s instructions.
We store your community account data based on your consent for 12 months since you last logged in to the system after which your community account is deleted. Users with a valid WithSecure service subscription are excluded from the deletion. During this time, you have full control on your own community data we have on you. You can edit and delete your community data via accessing your WithSecure Community account.
More information on your rights to your data is available in the WithSecure privacy statement.
We want to make this service even better. To do that, we need to know - for example - which articles/posts are viewed the most and found most useful and how users find the service.
Correctness of information and disclaimer of warranty
The Community and its contents, regardless of who originates that content, are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind. WithSecure, on behalf of itself, its employees, officers and suppliers, Platform Provider and those that have contributed to data presented in the Community expressly disclaim all implied warranties of any kind. Users of the Community agree that WithSecure is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of the Community and will not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of their use of any such content.
Where the Community contains links to third party sites, you acknowledge that the content on such third party sites may be subject to change from time to time and that such third party sites are not under WithSecure's control and that WithSecure has no liability in regards to the contents of such third party sites or Your activities in such third party sites.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
CONTENT POSTED TO THE COMMUNITY IS MOSTLY PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH WITHSECURE OR PLATFORM PROVIDER. YOU AGREE THAT WITHSECURE OR PLATFORM PROVIDER DOES NOT CONTROL, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY, FOR THIS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONDUCT AND USE OF THE COMMUNITY AND YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD WITHSECURE AND PLATFORM PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT SUBMITTED, POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH COMMUNITY, USE OF COMMUNITY, VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL WITHSECURE OR PLATFORM PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
Changes to terms
We will be making changes to Community, these Terms and relevant policies (including those referred herein) from time to time. We notify about such changes when we deem that changes in terms are material enough to warrant a notification / re-approval, but will not be required to do so in case of minor changes. Changed Terms shall be available in the same location and shall be effective when posted. In case you choose not to accept the then current Terms, you should cease Your use of the Community. The Terms and policies in force at the time you used the Community shall be applicable to Your use of Community made under such Terms. The month of the copyright notice at the end of Terms will allow you to easily monitor when changes in terms have occurred.
WithSecure may discontinue, modify or terminate any of user accounts to Community at its sole discretion. Upon termination of Community or Your usage rights therein, any terms that would reasonably survive termination, shall continue to be in force including, but not limited to; terms concerning restrictions on use, disclaimer of warranty, limitation of liability.
The Terms are not necessarily exhaustive and additional terms relating to certain contents or functionalities available in the Community may exist.
If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, such portion of the condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition or these Terms.
These Terms shall be governed under the laws of Finland without regard to conflict of laws rules and principles.
By utilizing WithSecure™ Corporation remote support services, you (on behalf of yourself and / or the legal entity you represent) agree:
- to grant remote access to your computer to WithSecure's or its affiliates' or subcontractors' support personnel for the purposes of providing remote technical support and that you are authorized to grant access to computer or other device you are establishing the remote connection.
- that you are personally responsible for ensuring a valid backup of any data and applications has been made prior to any activities undertaken via the WithSecure remote support tool.
- that due to nature of certain technical problems, it may not be possible to resolve your particular problem via remote support.
- that because of complexity and variety of support cases and inevitable dependencies and reliance on third party technologies; all support is provided on "best efforts" basis and WithSecure may not be able to remedy some issues.
- that you do not have privacy, security or password sensitive applications / web pages / email open during remote support activities.
- that for reasons of providing good customer care we may help you with and offer solutions to i) certain product features that are undesirable to you and/or ii) issues arisen due to third party product, as part of our support services but provision of any help for solving and/or circumventing the abovementioned items is not deemed as acknowledgement that any such issues would constitute errors in our software or services.
- if you are granted access to a copy of WithSecure software for support resolution purposes; i) in the absence of specific license terms in the said software; all use of such software copies are subject to WithSecure end user license terms in the WithSecure commercial software you have installed on your device, or ii) in the absence of such installation; the end user license terms. You agree that except for the time-limited use of software for the purpose of solving your support problem, no other rights to software are granted to you.
- that all remote services and software are provided as-is and at your own risk. You acknowledge and understand that the support engineer providing you with support services is not familiar with interconnections, settings, or special applications on your device or all purposes to which your device is used for or for which the device is connected to.
- that any suggestion given by WithSecure, its affiliates or its support partner to resolve the issue is only indented for the support problem at hand and is not intended or offered as a generic advice for other purposes.
- not to hold WithSecure responsible or liable for any damages, compensations, fees or costs whether direct or indirect, consequential, incidental or otherwise and whether based on contract, tort or equity which may occur (e.g. for reasons of system reboot, data loss or corruption, system failure, unauthorized access or otherwise) and that — in the absence of wilful misconduct on its part — WithSecure (on behalf of itself, its affiliates, its subcontractors and their officers and employees) disclaim any liability for any damages incurred in connection with the usage of this service to the fullest extent allowed by law. For the avoidance of doubt; WithSecure or its affiliates are not liable for any negligent or wilful actions of its subcontractors undertaking the said support activities.
- that unless otherwise stated below, these terms shall be governed under the laws of Finland without regard to conflict of laws rules. The courts of Finland shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue to adjudicate any dispute arising out of these terms. In the case of licenses purchased within or on behalf of licensees residing within the United States or operating under the laws of the United States the governing law of these terms shall be the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws rules and principles and without regard to the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. In such cases, the exclusive jurisdiction and venue to adjudicate any dispute arising out of these terms shall be of the federal and state courts located in California. In respect of licenses purchased by consumers residing outside Finland or the United States, these terms may be governed by the mandatory local laws of such jurisdictions.
Please note that any use and access of WithSecure™ web pages are subject to the following terms.
The contents of WithSecure web pages are provided "as is" and "as available". No warranty of any kind, either express or implied, is made in relation to the availability, accuracy, reliability or content of these pages. To the extent permitted by law, WithSecure shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use these pages.
This policy only addresses our activities from our servers. Our web sites contain links to other sites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content, commentary or applications of third-party web sites. We are providing these links only for convenience and the inclusion of these links does not imply endorsement by us of the linked web site.
The contents of WithSecure web pages are protected by international copyright laws. All rights are reserved. Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part, or all of the contents, including but not limited to pictures, design format, logo, audio clips, video clips and HTML coding, in any form as well as any unauthorized reproduction, total or partial, of the texts, illustrations, design format or logo by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of WithSecure is prohibited. We protect our intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. 'WithSecure' and W/ -logo are registered trademarks of WithSecure Corporation. WithSecure product and technology names and WithSecure logos are either trademarks or registered trademarks of WithSecure Corporation. Other product names and logos referenced herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Security and privacy
WithSecure is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Information on our privacy practices can be found here.
Any bulletin messages, suggestions, ideas, bulletin board postings or concepts that are submitted to WithSecure via our web sites shall become non-exclusive property of WithSecure. WithSecure is not responsible for the confidentiality of any information communicated to our web pages. By communicating material to the WithSecure web site, you agree that WithSecure has the right to publish the material in products or publications for any purpose, including, but not limited to, product and/or service development, advertising and promotional purposes. You agree not to take action against us in relation to material that you submit. Any bulletin messages, suggestions, ideas, bulletin board postings or concepts ("material") that are submitted to WithSecure via Community website shall become, and remain the property of WithSecure.
These terms are not exhaustive and additional terms relating to certain contents, services or functionalities may exist. WithSecure reserves the right to modify the pages or deny access to them at any time. Amendments to this policy will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted. Please visit us again for updates.