Secure Software Engineering Training
The expert-led approach to shifting security left with software engineers
Modern application security begins with an understanding of the attackers’ mindset and methodology. WithSecure’s training for software engineers pairs hands-on labs and learning material on our proprietary Playground platform with direct coaching from industry-leading experts in application security.
- Strategies and tactics to prevent and all major threats facing modern applications (OWASP Top 10 and beyond)
- Developers, Engineers and QA Experts will learn to integrate security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC) from the very beginning
Fully-fledged sandbox environments
Secure Software Development Training is built on Playground, our cloud-based training platform. Unlike training labs built for limited purposes, Playground provides a complete simulated environment. This means that when developers learn to hack and secure with us, they are gaining real world experience. Our training is hands-on, engaging, and never feels artificial.
Playground is real hacking done safely.
Proven learning foundations
Our training course for developers is inspired by the training we developed to turn WithSecure consultants into world-leading experts in application security. The course requires no specific background in security, and each stage prepares learners with the skills they need to tackle the next.
We believe that long-lasting changes to developer practice require elements of human-led and team-centric training. This is why all our packages enhance on-demand learning with human-led instruction. All training sessions are led by WithSecure consultants, who are experts in the subject, having delivered application security testing and advise to governments, fortune 500 companies, and the EU’s largest banks.
Shifting security left means creating a culture of security among developers and engineers. Changes in team culture require team-based activities, which is why Capture The Flag (CTF) tournaments incorporating current challenges are central to our learning packages. A live dashboard allows teams to track their progress against others as they race to claim the flag.
What can you achieve?
Create a culture of security-first development
Security culture can’t be created from remote exercises alone, which is why our training packages include in-person instruction and team building capture the flag tournaments.
Never compromise on agility
Software Engineers, Developers, Coders and QA Engineers are too valuable to be slowed down. We enable them to integrate security into their work so you don’t have to block their progress.
Reduce downtime for your business-critical applications
Few vulnerabilities mean more robust and resilient applications. Essential when your business relies upon them.
Cover the OWASP Top Ten and beyond.
- Authentication and access control (e.g. preventing URL brute forcing, username enumeration & password guessing)
- Client-side attacks including Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Injection attacks
- Correct use of cryptography
- Preventing the exposure of sensitive data
- Managing and reducing exposure to vulnerabilities in third party components
- Using JSON web tokens
- Mitigating risk from parsing XML documents
- Safe interaction of applications and filesystems
Book a demo today
Complete the form, and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.